Teeth Cleaning & Hygiene
Teeth Cleaning and Hygiene in New Orleans and Gretna, LA
Maintaining good oral hygiene is essential to your health and the appearance of your teeth. Connell Family Dentistry provides dental cleaning and other dental services to residents of Gretna, Harvey, New Orleans, and the surrounding areas of Louisiana.
What Are Regular Dental Cleanings?
Brushing and flossing at home is essential to your oral hygiene, but regular dental cleanings are also important for keeping your teeth clean and healthy. At routine cleanings, we can double-check to ensure that your teeth and gums are healthy, remove tartar buildup that can’t be caught with a toothbrush or floss, and make certain that you are avoiding gum disease. Without regular dental cleanings, you may end up developing gum disease or gingivitis, which can do serious damage to your teeth and gums.
How Much Do Regular Dental Cleanings Cost?
The average cost of a dental cleaning is (COST). In most cases, your dental insurance provider will cover a portion of the cost of your routine dental cleanings. Additionally, Connell Family Dentistry accepts financing through Lending Club and CareCredit® to help make this and other treatments more affordable.
How Often Should I Have Dental Cleanings?
The American Dental Association recommends dental cleanings every six months, or twice a year. This is ideal for maintaining optimal dental health, as we can eliminate any tartar that may threaten your oral health. Taking preventative measures is the best way to maintain oral health, and routine dental cleanings play a large role in that.
How Should I Brush at Home?
Brushing is the cornerstone of oral hygiene. It is recommended that you brush twice a day to maintain optimal oral health. Here are some tips to get the most out of your brushing routine:
- Brush gently to avoid damaging the gums, but with enough pressure to clean the teeth and remove food debris.
- Brush all surfaces of the teeth, including the front, back, and surfaces of the teeth where you bite.
- Hold the toothbrush at a 45-degree angle to your teeth for optimal cleaning.
- Make sure you brush all of your teeth, especially the ones in the back of the mouth that may be hard to reach.
- Don’t forget to brush the rest of your mouth, too. This includes the roof of your mouth, the gums, and your tongue.
How Should I Floss at Home?
Flossing is another important part of your oral hygiene regimen. It can get food caught between the teeth that a toothbrush can’t reach. Flossing is also great for eliminating plaque that can build up between the teeth. Here are some tips to get the most out of your flossing routine:
- Gently move your floss gently back and forth as you maneuver it through the teeth. This ensures that you get everything that may be building up between the teeth.
- Don’t snap your floss between the teeth. If it snaps to the gums too quickly, it may injure the gums, resulting in bleeding.
- Disposable floss picks or flossing brushes can be a good alternative if you find flossing to be too difficult or painful.
To schedule a dental cleaning, contact us today. Connell Family Dentistry has convenient locations in Gretna and New Orleans, where we welcome patients from Harvey, Metairie, and the nearby cities of Louisiana.