Implants in New Orleans and Gretna, LA
Connell Family Dentistry provides implants for patients in New Orleans, Metairie, Gretna and Harvey, Louisiana.
Dental implants may be the answer if you are looking for an attractive, comfortable, and permanent replacement for missing teeth. Dr. Connell has successfully replaced many missing teeth with implants, giving Gretna and New Orleans patients the stunning smile they have desired. Dental implants are an alternative to a bridge or dentures and are the preferred procedure to replace a missing tooth for the following reasons:
- Improved appearance. Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. And because they are designed to fuse with bone, they become permanent.
- Improved speech. With poor-fitting dentures, the teeth can slip within the mouth, causing you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip.
- Improved comfort. Because they become part of you, implants eliminate the discomfort of removable dentures.
- Easier eating. Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth, allowing you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain.
- Improved self-esteem. Dental implants can give you back your smile and help you feel better about yourself.
- Improved oral health. Dental implants don’t require reducing other teeth as a tooth-supported bridge does. Because nearby teeth are not altered to support the implant, more of your own teeth are left intact, improving your long-term oral health. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability. Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience. Removable dentures are just that, removable. Dental implants eliminate the embarrassing inconvenience of removing your dentures, as well as the need for messy adhesives to keep your dentures in place.
What is a Dental Implant?
A dental implant is a titanium screw that mimics the root of a tooth that is placed in the jaw where a tooth is missing. A metal tooth with porcelain coating, much like a crown, is then screwed onto the titanium screw, mimicking an actual tooth!
Am I A Good Candidate for Dental Implants in New Orleans, Gretna or the Surrounding Louisiana Area?
Connell Family Dentistry patients often choose implants for a natural, secure way to replace their missing teeth. To determine if implants are right for you, a consultation with Dr. Connell is needed. During this appointment, Dr. Connell will thoroughly examine your teeth and gums and evaluate bone density and quantity. This may involve X-rays to ensure there is sufficient bone structure for placing the implant(s) and to determine exactly where the implant should be placed. Based on the condition of your oral tissues, oral hygiene and personal habits, and commitment to follow aftercare instructions, Dr. Connell will advise you of the most appropriate dental implant treatment plan.
How Much Do Dental Implants Cost in New Orleans, Gretna or the Surrounding Louisiana Area?
Dental implants vary in cost based on what is needed to replace and enhance your smile. Connell Family Dentistry recommends that you check with your insurance company to see if dental implants are covered under your plan. Call our Gretna or New Orleans office today to schedule an appointment with us and be on your way to a flawless smile. We work with CareCredit® for your financing needs.
Additional Family Dentistry Topics
Connell Family Dentistry offers the highest quality of care for all of our dental work, and our staff goes above and beyond in providing you with the best service. If you live in the New Orleans or Gretna area and are looking to enhance your smile, call Connell Family Dentistry today. We look forward to bringing out the beauty you feel inside with your smile.
Connell Dental Care and Connell Family Dentistry offer family dentistry, orthodontics, and cosmetic dentistry to patients in New Orleans, Louisiana. Contact Connell Family Dentistry today to schedule your consultation!January 10, 2014